Borrowing 101 - Borrowing Made EasyThinking of buying a new vehicle? Or perhaps you're shopping for a new credit card? Whatever your borrowing needs, we want to make the process as easy as possible for you. For any loan other than real estate secured loans, we have a simple list of items that you can send, fax, email or bring to our office that will speed up the approval of your loan.
Section 1: All Loan Types
For all loans we need the following:
Section 2: Secured Loans
For auto, RV or other secured loans, we will need the information above plus the following:
Section 3: Real Estate Loans
For Real Estate Secured Loans, we will need the information in Section 1, plus the following:
Section 4: Real Estate Loan Fees
The following are items that you will be responsible for paying in the event you proceed with a real esatate secured loan: (Costs depend on the property, please ask for details.)
1. Title Insurance. (This checks the property for liens or document problems and insures you and the credit union that there are no hidden liens or obligations.)
2. Flood Insurance. (This protects your property in the event there is a flood. It is required for all real estate secured loans.)
3. An appraisal by a contracted real estate appraiser for the area that the property is in.
4. A mortgage credit report.
5. Recording the deed with the County Register of Deeds.
You can mail documentation to:
Kent County Credit Union
1619 Plainfield Avenue NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
You can fax documentation to:
Plainfield Office - 616-363-3666
South Office - 616-531-7841
North Office - 616-696-3651
You can email documentation to: loans@myKCCU.com
Or you can stop into any of our three (3) offices and drop off the information.